Helpful Information for your next trip to O.I.F.C.
Have a question or want to learn more about the area? This page will provide you with useful information about our marina, send you to resources our captains use on a regular basis, and more! Never hesitate to call or email if you don’t see answers to your questions here.
Licensing & Permits
Recreational Fishing License
* Not required for chartering our vessels
10 Day Coastal Recreational Fishing Licenses:
– State Residents: $5
– Non-Residents: $10
Call 888.248.6834 or visit ncwildlife.org for more information.
Off Road Vehicle Permits
Cape Hatteras National Seashore ORV Permits:
*if you are unable to print your permit, you must fill out a self certification form and display it on your dashboard and have an electronic copy of your permit available on a smartphone or other electronic device.
Oregon Inlet Charts
Here is a link to view the Tide Charts for Oregon Inlet (provided by NOAA):
• VIEW OREGON INLET TIDE CHARTS
This guide should not be used for navigational purposes. When boating along the coast, please use NOAA nautical charts. For information on how to obtain NOAA nautical charts, write or call:
NOAA / National Ocean Service Office
439 West York Street
Norfolk, VA 23510
Oregon Inlet Fishing Center and Full Service Marina are ready when you are!
- Book On-Line anytime .. check availability of any boat and book now
- Reservations arranged at the Booking Desk by telephone (800) 272-5199
- Tackle, lures and bait are furnished by the Captain
- Parties must furnish their own food and drink
- Check-in is at least 30 minutes prior to departure. No shows within 30 minutes of departure may have their boat assigned to another party and forfeit deposit.
- Deposits are due in advance. Remainder of payment is due in cash, or by credit card prior to departure. MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express are accepted.
Fish house hours are from 11am- until on days OIFC boats sail. Fish are cleaned on a first come first serve basis. Please be mindful that wait time may be longer if every boat comes back at once and/or boats come in with limits.
We’re just 1.5 hours by automobile from Norfolk, VA; 3.5 hours from Richmond, VA; and only 5 hours from Washington, D.C. For those who prefer to fly, the Norfolk International Airport (ORF) is served by several major airlines while private and charter aircraft use the Dare County Regional Airport in Manteo, the Currituck County Airport, or the Wright Memorial Airstrip (for limited tie-downs) in Kill Devil Hills, NC.
Oregon Inlet Fishing Center is located at 8770 Oregon Inlet Road, Nags Head, NC 27959 at the North end of the Marc Basnight Bridge
Full Service Marina
Oregon Inlet’s Full Service Marina is ready when you are!
- Largest, most modern Fishing Fleet on the Eastern Seaboard
- Bookings and Reservations for Inshore, Nearshore, Offshore and Headboat Fishing
- Make-Up Charters Available
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly Dockage
- Automotive and Marine Fuels and Lubricants
- Complete Ship’s Store and Tackle Shop
- World Famous Caps, Hats, Long and Short Sleeve T-Shirts
- Grocery and Camping Items
- Offshore Baits, offering Plantation and Calcutta Baits
- Fish Cleaning and Processing (on days OIFC boats sail, open 11am-until)
- Taxidermy Service Information Available
- Five (5) Small Boat Launching Ramps maintained and operated by National Park Service
- Official North Carolina Saltwater and Fishing Tournament Weigh Station
2022 Oregon Inlet Charter Fishing Rates
All rates assume from one to six persons per charter and are subject to change without prior notice. See next tab for Terms & Conditions.
Off Shore (Gulf Stream)
5:30 AM – 4:00 PM
$2,400+ (Deposit $1,200+)
Near Shore – All Day
7:00 AM – 3:30 PM
$1,200 (Deposit $600.00)
Near Shore – Half Day (Morning)
6:30 AM – 10:30 AM
$600 (Deposit $300)
Near Shore – Half Day (Afternoon)
11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
$600 (Deposit $300)
Near Shore – Extended (Morning)
6:00 AM – 12:00 PM
$900 (Deposit $450)
In-Shore – All Day (1–4 People)
7:00 AM – 3:30 PM
$900 (Deposit $400)
In-Shore – Half Day Morning (1–4 People)
7:00 AM – 11:00 AM
$476 (Deposit $238)
In-Shore – Half Day Extended (1–4 People)
6:00 AM – 12:00 PM
$600 (Deposit $300)
In-Shore – Half Day Afternoon (1–4 People)
11:30 AM – 3:30 PM
$476 (Deposit $238)
-CREDIT CARD FEES MAY APPLY-
3% charge will be applied to all non-weather related card refunds
Fishing Trip Ends when box is full or at the Captain’s discretion. These times are the average for trips.
Allow for Daylight Savings Time and changes in daybreak.
All rates are subject to change.
Fuel Surcharge Notice: Captains reserve the right to charge an additional fuel surcharge fee due to the escalating cost of fuel.
Terms & Conditions
- All cancellations or changes to your reservation must be done through your Captain.
- Prices may be increased without notice pending NPS approval. Prices and times are normally set at the beginning of each calendar year. Bookings for Charters beyond the current calendar year will carry prices in effect at the time of the Charter .. NOT the date of the booking.
- Service Charges of 3% will be applied on all credit card refunds non-weather related.
- Credit Cards Discover, Master Card, American Express and Visa are accepted. If you have questions about this policy, please contact the booking desk BEFORE you make a reservation.
- * DEPOSITS SUBJECT TO FORFEITURE IF TRIP CANCELLED
- Reservations may be made by the Booking Agent at the booking desk, by telephone, letter or on-line.
- NEXT YEAR RESERVATIONS If you book a reservation in the next calendar year it is considered PRELIMINARY and is NOT GUARANTEED. Around the end of each year, we set the new year pricing and finalize the boats that will consist of next year’s fleet. Until these arrangements have been made and announced NO NEXT YEAR RESERVATIONS are considered final. You are liable for any difference in rates for next year charters on or before your check-in date. Questions regarding this policy may be addressed to our booking desk personnel at 1-800-272-5199.
- Where full party does not exist make-up parties can usually be arranged by registering with the Booking Agent, however no guarantee can be made.
- Check-In Time Parties are to check in at least one-half hour prior to departure time. Management reserves the right to assign another party to boat and any deposit on hand is subject to forfeiture.
- Fish house hours are from 11am- until on days OIFC boats sail. Fish are cleaned on a first come first serve basis. Please be mindful that wait time may be longer if every boat comes back at once and/or boats come in with limits.
- Fuel Surcharge Notice Captains reserve the right to charge an additional fuel surcharge fee due to the escalating cost of fuel.
- Tackle, lures and bait are furnished by the boat Captain.
- Parties are entitled to keep the fish caught as long as it is within the legal limits of those determined by NCDMF. *Bluefin tuna season excluded.
- Parties must furnish their own food and drinks.
- Oregon Inlet Fishing Center sells many items for the charter fisherman, surf fisherman and visitors including new lines of the world famous Oregon Inlet Fishing Center t-shirts and hats. Auto and diesel fuel is available for your car, truck or RV.
- Visitors are welcome to come down and watch the charter boats return from their day of fishing .. it’s a sight to behold .. a great show for both children and adults.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You must be 18 years old to book a reservation with Oregon Inlet Fishing Center. Certain items may be subject to North Carolina Sales Tax and/or shipping charges. Prices may be increased without notice. Prices are normally set at the beginning of each calendar year. Bookings for Charters beyond the current calendar year will carry prices in effect at the time of the Charter .. NOT the date of the booking. If you have questions regarding pricing of a charter you should contact the Booking Agent by phone immediately at 800-272-5199. On-line reservations require payment by Discover, MasterCard, Visa or American Express. Payment in person will be accepted via Discover, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, or cash. Participants must agree to accept Oregon Inlet Fishing Center’s Terms and Conditions prior to submission of an On-Line Reservation. A charter reservation with Oregon Inlet Fishing Center does NOT guarantee fish will be caught during your trip. A refund will NOT be issued in the event no fish are caught during your trip. The fishing trip officially ends when the fish box on board is full or when the Captain at his sole discretion determines the trip is over. All decisions by Oregon Inlet Fishing Center are final. Questions regarding the reservation process should be directed to Oregon Inlet Fishing Center at 800-272-5199 or 252-441-6301.Oregon Inlet Fishing Center and Umbrella Consultants (Oregon Inlet Fishing Center’s internet host) will use their best efforts to provide the highest practical level and quality of service; however, participant by using this service agrees that Oregon Inlet Fishing Center and Umbrella Consultants make no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the Charter Reservation, or any of the services or goods furnished for sale or charter by Oregon Inlet Fishing Center or Umbrella Consultants. Participant agrees that Oregon Inlet Fishing Center and Umbrella Consultants shall not be liable for any loss of service, damage , expense or inconvenience. Participant further agrees that under no circumstances shall Oregon Inlet Fishing Center or Umbrella Consultants be liable for any incidental, consequential or indirect damages. By using these systems, making an on-line reservation or the use of any goods or services purchased at Oregon Inlet Fishing Center, participant waives all claims against Oregon Inlet Fishing Center and Umbrella Consultants whether in contract, tort or strict liability for damages, losses or injuries in connection or arising out of making a reservation. Oregon Inlet Fishing Center and Umbrella Consultants reserves the right to cancel a reservation at any time or withdraw any charter package from the reservation system without prior notification. Oregon Inlet Fishing Center and Umbrella Consultants make every effort to see that your on-line booking is handled in a secure and efficient manner. Should you feel uneasy about the security of any information you are about to transmit over this network or the internet in general, we strongly recommend you contact Oregon Inlet Fishing Center directly to book your reservation by phone at 800-272-5199 or 252-441-6301 or other by mail at the address provided above. In such case DO NOT send your credit card number or any other information by the forms we have provided herein.
Oregon Inlet Fishing Center is located at 8770 Oregon Inlet Road, Nags Head, NC 27959, 8 miles South of Whalebone Junction – at the north end of the Oregon Inlet Bridge in the beautiful Cape Hatteras National Seashore.
Oregon Inlet Shopping Policy
At Oregon Inlet Fishing Center, we strive to create a friendly and efficient experience to support your shopping needs. Please contact us if you have any questions, comments, special requests, or concerns. Thank you for shopping with Oregon Inlet Fishing Center!
We may be reached by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 800.272.5199. Our phone hours are generally 9:00am to 5:00pm EST, Monday through Saturday.
Placing an order
Orders may be placed by phone or email. Phone orders are accepted 9:00am to 5:00pm EST, Monday through Friday.
Our products are sent via U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail. Please contact us if you need expedited delivery. Extra charges will apply for rush shipments. Please note that North Carolina sales tax will be added to all orders delivered within North Carolina.
Oregon Inlet Fishing Center Links
Makeup Charter Information
Make-Up Charter Definition
When people desire to share the cost of a Charter Fishing Boat with other people they do not know.
Important Make-Up Charter Info – Please Read Carefully
You must come to the booking desk in person or fill the form out below to register. This cannot be done by phone, email or mail. These requests are not guaranteed trips. Three things can factor into a trip not sailing: lack of fellow participants, lack of boat availability and/or inclement weather conditions. A refund of the payment will be issued in full should a make-up charter not be completed by OIFC.
If you would like to participate in a make-up charter, please complete the form below. Once you have submitted this form along with your deposit, you must telephone the Booking Desk at (252) 441-6301 or visit the Booking Desk Personnel between 5:30 pm and 6:30 pm each evening prior to the days you are available to see if you have been scheduled on a boat.
By submitting this request you are agreeing to abide by Oregon Inlet Fishing Center’s TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Please read them carefully before submitting this request.
Complete the information on this form and we will place your name on our make-up list. When we get enough people together we put a charter trip together. A make-up charter cannot be applied for more than fourteen (14) days in advance of a trip.
The U.S. Coast Guard limits the number of people to any charter boat to six (6). We also put parties of four or five together if you like by splitting the cost of the charter equally.
When you sign up you pay the amount it will cost you to go in a six person charter (slightly less for Near-Shore charters). If we get only four or five in the makeup each party will pay the remainder before the charter will be confirmed. Your money will ONLY be refunded if we do not get a party together or if the captain calls a bad weather day.
All boats are selected on a rotation basis. You do NOT have a choice on which boat to fish.
Fuel Surcharge Notice: With the recent uncertainty in fuel prices, a fuel surcharge is being enforced at this time. Please contact the booking desk for more information on your charter’s specific pricing and your final balance due. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.